Device Manager provides the controller level device control. Device logic is generated by ControlBuilder® using well defined standards and code constructs based on the specific process. The resulting code interfaces to the phase layer in the process controller. Additionally, Device Manager provides the required interface to external devices such as HMIs and SCADAs.
Device Manager provides the following:
- Operator Interface displays for control and monitoring of all system devices.
- Device level control which resides in the controller for device control, alarming, messaging, interlocks, permissive etc.
- Interface to the phase layer.
- All of the necessary device level program modules and data-types for a fully functional system.
Advantages of Device Manager:
- Uses standardized and well tested code constructs.
- Easy to support and maintain.
- Highly configurable.